General Election 2021 Timeline
October 12th - Voter Registration Deadline for General Election
October 26th - Deadline to apply for a Mail in Ballot by Mail for General Election
November 2nd - General Election
(Polls open 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
District 1 - Boy Scout Room (Town Hall)
Districts 2 & 3 – Senior Center Room (Town Hall)
General Election Early Voting Information: https://nj.gov/state/elections/assets/pdf/publications/2021-early-voting-english.pdf
Secure Dropbox Locations: https://nj.gov/state/elections/assets/pdf/publications/2021-early-voting-english.pdf
For more information and additional important dates go to NJ State site https://nj.gov/state/elections/index.shtml and Middlesex County - County Clerks site http://www.middlesexcountynj.gov/government/departments/cs/pages/county%20clerk/county-clerk---elections.aspx
Vital Statistics Information
For marriage licenses, please call 609-664-3130 for an appointment..
Requests for certified copies of vital records can be mailed to the Registrar at 23A North Main Street, Cranbury, NJ 08512. The fee for a certified copy is $10/copy. Please include with your request a check payable to Cranbury Township along with a copy of two forms of ID. For additional information or questions, please call 609-664-3130.
Copies of vital records may also be requested from the State. The State's fee for a vital record is $25.00 for the first copy and $2.00 for each additional copy (on the same order).
For additional information on various services covered by the Clerk’s Office, please review the table in the left column of this page.
We look forward to serving you and thank you for your patience during this time.
Office of the Municipal Clerk
Secretary of the Municipal Government
- Custodian of the municipal seal
- Maintains custody of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts and archival records of the municipal corporation
- Attest to the signatures of municipal officers and officials
- Maintain receipt of service of legal documents
Secretary to the Governing Body
- Prepares and files Township Committee Agendas and Minutes
- Maintains Township Code Book, ordinances, resolutions and contracts
- Administer and record oaths of office
- Process, record, file and when necessary, advertise ordinances, resolutions and the municipal budget
- Keep an official record of the proceedings of every meeting, retain the original copies of all minutes, ordinances and resolutions.
Chief Administrative Officer of All Elections Held in the Municipality
- Certify vacancies at a local level
- Maintain receipt of nominating petitions and certification to the County Clerk of local candidates nominated by petition
- Exercise quasi-judicial authority in determining the validity of petitions.
- Furnish material for local elections
- Suggest polling places
- Maintain receipt of election results
- Certify to the County Clerk persons elected to partisan offices in each election.
Chief Registrar of Voters in the Municipality
- Issues various permits and licenses required under state statute and local ordinance
- Serves as the Registrar of Vital Statistics
- Maintain custody of all official records not specifically handled by other departments.
Records Coordinator & Manager responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs as mandated
Other duties that may be imposed by state statutes and regulations or municipal ordinances or regulations