Attendance: Edith Dlugokencki, Mario Fiorentini, Rose Siconolfi, Beth Veghte, Art Wasson, Ken Jacobs, Kerry A. Philip
The meeting was called to order at
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
1. Golden Agers: Edith stated that the Women’s Club of Cranbury sponsored a luncheon at the last meeting. She advised that the Church Band performed and they were quite good. The trip to Sight and Sound has been changed to July 19th for better seats.
Fellowship: Rose said that they traveled
3. Park Update:
Beth stated that she, Judy and Tom met with Jaye about purchasing
swing sets. The Township has approved
the purchase of swing sets for
Beth handed out a copy of the Park Rules to Board members. She will meet with the sign manufacturer in several weeks. Ken stated that the Environmental Commission had reviewed the Park Rules and they wanted their sign and rules to be slightly different so he passed around a sample of their sign detail.
4. HS Hoops Flyer: Beth stated that she received the flyer from Ken, and stated that the dates of the program must be confirmed. She would like the flyer enclosed with the fall newsletter. Beth stated that she will try to get the names of all the 8th graders and those kids who registered last year for the mailing.
1. Summer Camp: Beth stated that she ordered t-shirts, they will arrive the second week of camp. Ken advised that an Orientation Meeting of the staff was held this evening and they went over the rules of the camp. They were told that they are considered representatives of the Township, they should act appropriately and were briefed on what is expected of them. The attendance was good, most of the counselors were there. Five more registrations were received today and the total number of registrants at this time is more than last year.
3. Needs Assessment: Beth stated that she spoke with Michelle about working on the needs assessment. She anticipates that Michelle will begin working on this next week.
4. Bike Path: Beth stated that Keith Vincelette received approval by Township Committee. He is awaiting approval by the Scout Council. Keith advised that the project should begin August or in the fall.
5. Babe Ruth Field: Beth stated that she believes bids for renovating the property have gone out.
6. Part-Time Recreation Program Coordinator: No report was provided.
7. Web Page: Beth handed out a document of possible links from our site. She also handed out a sample list of “frequently asked questions” and asked board members to consider other questions to post.
8. Public Works Thank You Lunches: Beth advised that nothing has been done yet.
9. Waiver for aerobics, basketball and tennis: Beth stated that Michelle mailed the waivers to the basketball and aerobics participants.
10. Summer Concerts / Movies
Ken stated that one problem about moving the day to Friday is that this is the night that the softball league plays in the park. He advised that the Movie Man is available July 8th and August 5th and in between there will be free concerts. Yosi was scheduled for August 5th but this will be changed, the softball contact was not willing to give up three Fridays but Ken stated that he will move the game or practice to Wednesdays. He is hoping to get the Accoustaholics for one of the concert dates, this should be confirmed next week. He will send information to the newspapers via e-mail. The movies chosen are:
· Ghost Busters
· Limony Snickets Series of Unfortunate Events
Beth stated that she asked for more ideas on how to spend the grant money received. Ken stated that a pavilion is considered for Millstone Park near the play area.
13. Other Business: Beth handed Ken a list of the sports items needed.
14. Good Bye Kerry / Kerry’s Replacement:
Board members wished Kerry good luck and thanked her for working with the Commission for the past three years. Ken stated that he will ask Michelle if she is interested in becoming the Recording Secretary for the Commission. If not, he was asked to put something in the newspaper.
meeting is scheduled for
The meeting adjourned at .
Kerry A. Philip