Informal Meeting Minutes:
Attendance: Rich Grubb, Edith Dlugokencki, Ken Jacobs, Kerry A. Philip.
The meeting was called to order at
1. Needs Assessment: The draft assessment was distributed to the Board. Rich recommended questions about the soccer program and Gene recommended questions about the skate park.
2. Senior Assessment: Postponed to next meeting.
4. Bike Path: Ken advised that Beth met with Jim Appelgate and Keith Vincelette and Jim Appelgate was in favor of the project.
5. Camp: Beth advised that the number of registrants are low but registrations are still coming in to the office. Ken advised that he looked into using the Cranbury pool and stated that we have a chance of using the pool next year if the request is made in January 2005. He also advised that this is the last week for Travel Camp.
a) Basketball: Ken advised that 30 registrations were received.
b) Tennis: Ken advised that 30 registrations were received.
7. T-Ball: Ken stated that the program was successful.
Series: Ken stated that the first
concert was held at the Presbyterian Church, approximately 20 people were in
9. Babe Ruth Field: Ken stated that a lawsuit has been filed by the resident adjacent to the Wright property to determine who will pay for the new water line to their home. The water line is needed to irrigate the fields.
10. Golf: No discussion took place.
1. Golden Agers: Edith stated that the Golden Agers celebrated their 50th Anniversary with a formal dinner.
2. Senior Fellowship: A letter from the Chairperson, Doris Weingartner, was distributed thanking the Board for their generous gift to the senior program. Also provided was their fall calendar of events.
3. Cranbury Day: Ken advised that the Recreation Department will be sponsoring rides for the children.
4. Fall Youth Soccer: No discussion took place.
5. Other Business:
Software: Ken stated that software is to be purchased to make it much easier to track the scheduling of the fields, financials and facilities management.
Since there was no further business, the meeting was adjourned at
Kerry A. Philip