Cranbury Recreation Commission

Minutes:  12-15-2005

 

Attendance:  Edith Dlugokencki, Beth Veghte, Ken Jacobs, Bob O’Meara, Michele Harcher, Rose Siconolfi, Richard Grubb, Gene Buckley, Jane Helstrom and Chris Fiorentini

 

The meeting was called to order at 7:09 p.m.

 

Review of Minutes:

10-27-05 – The minutes from 10-27-05 were approved as amended by a motion made by Rose Siconolfi and seconded by Bob O’Meara.  The vote was 3-0 in favor.  Motion carried.

 

OLD BUSINESS

 

1.  Battle of the Bands

Chris will prepare a registration form for the event.  Chris has asked the board for a date for auditions.  Beth suggested the music room or auditorium at the school.  Friday February 24th and Saturday February 25th from 7:00 pm till 10:00 pm will be the tentative dates for auditions. Beth would like the fliers and applications out so we can get a demo tapes in before auditions. Chris will drop off the packets to Michele so copies can be made and distributed.  Beth would like to get the fliers disbursed to area schools.  Michele will reserve the gym/auditorium for auditions.

 

2.  Discussion of fees/park reservations

The discussion was how we should charge leagues for use of the fields.  The concern is that we need to know what clubs that are Cranbury recognized/based and how many Cranbury children are on the teams. Beth suggested that we do block scheduling for the fields so we know exactly who is using the fields as opposed to allowing team to block schedule. The fees for the fields that will be charged to the clubs will be discussed further at the next meeting.  The fees that were suggested for the gazebo and pavilion were one price for residents $25.00 and double $50.00 for non residents.  Ken will modify our current forms with the appropriate fees. Beth asked if anyone would like to make a motion regarding the fees.  A motion was made by Bob O’Meara and Richard Grubb seconded it.  All in favor.  The fees will be used for clean up.  Ken suggested we use the townships cleaning crew that cleans the building. Beth will talk to Tom about the cleaning crew.

 

3.  Policy: Field Closings & Field Maintenance

Ken stated that there is no policy in place at West Windsor.  Ken thinks that we do not have the man power to enforce any policy.  Ken thinks that on the permit forms need a clause on them regarding any policy that is put into effect.  Beth asked if we should put a dollar amount on the form in case there is damage done to the fields.  Bob asked who would make the call on the weekends.  Beth thinks that we should have a message on the township’s recreation voice mail if the fields will be closed instead of having someone call who is scheduled.

 

4.  Needs Assessment

Beth has made copies.  Next meeting.

 

5.  Additional Playing Fields

Vinnie would like to talk to the school about temporary lights.  Rich would like to invite someone to the February meeting to discuss lighting and the turf fields.

 

6.  Millstone Fields

Next meeting.

 

7.  Bike Path

Next meeting.

 

8.  Babe Ruth Field

Next meeting.

 

9.  Part Time Site Supervisor

Next meeting.

 

10.  Cranbury Hoops

Beth ordered the T-shirts.

 

11.  Skate Park

Next meeting.

 

12.  Soccer: UK Elite (Feb 2006)

Ken said that they will send information to him.  They do not need to attend a meeting.

 

13.  2006 Summer Concert/Movies (Feb 2006)

Ken will have Mark come to the February meeting.  Beth has a gentleman who is interested in doing a concert this summer.  Beth has his demo and will bring it to one of our meetings.

 

14.  Camp Out – June 3rd

Next meeting.

 

15.  Computer Program Adjustments

Jane is on vacation again.  Ken will continue to follow up.

 

16.  DEP Livable Communities Program Funds

Ken did find out that there is nothing available now.  Ken was told that the grants were for specific things and areas.  It is a year by year thing when and if the grants are available. 
When the grants are available they send the information to the administrators or the department heads that the grants are specifically for.

 

 

NEW BUSINESS

 

1.  Gym Use

This will need to be tabled until we have some type of plan before we talk to the school regarding gym time.  Ken suggested that someone attend a school board meeting regarding the gym.  Beth has made the committee aware what is going on with the school.

 

2.  Replacement for Art – Suggestions

Art Wasson has resigned from the Board of Recreation Commissioners.  Jane Helstrom was suggested and was asked to replace Art Wasson.  Jane is very involved in HEWYBL and other sport activities.  Beth explained to Jane how everything works with Commission.  Beth will have Art send his letter and will make the recommendation to the Committee about Jane.

 

3.  Park Update

Beth said that the signs are done and they will be posted in the parks.

 

4.  Golden Agers

Rose said that there are two trips scheduled for this year.  The money that is give to them from the township will cover the cost of the buses.  Rose said that there have been some changes and Connie Bauder is now running things.  Beth has asked Rose to keep her updated on how things are going with the new changes.

 

5.  Senior Fellowship

Nothing to report.

 

6.  Recreation Master Plan

Next meeting.

 

7.  Other

Capital Budget – Beth would like to know if we should go for the backboards for tennis or the turf goals.  Beth will be attending the budget meeting.  Jane thinks we would get more use of the goals then the backboards and everyone agreed.  Beth would like to make a motion.  Richard Grubb made the motion that we get the goals and Rose Siconolfi seconded it.  All in favor.

 

The meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.

 

The next meeting is scheduled for February 23, 2006. 

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

 

Michele Harcher

Recording Secretary