Municipal Alliance Committee
On Drug Abuse and Alcoholism
Cranbury, New Jersey
December 15, 2005
TIME AND PLACE OF MEETING
The scheduled meeting of the Cranbury Township Municipal Alliance Committee was held on December 15, 2005 in the Library meeting room, 23 North Main Street, in Cranbury Township at 12:30 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER
With a quorum present, Chairperson Joan Rue called the session to order and acted as Chairperson thereof, and Kristen H. Hamilton acted as Secretary of the meeting.
STATEMENT OF ADEQUATE NOTICE
Pursuant to the Sunshine Law, adequate notice in accordance with the Open Public Meeting Act (N.J.S.A. 10:4-6) was provided in January, 2005 of this meeting’s date, time and place and agenda was mailed to the news media, posted on the Township bulletin board, mailed to those requesting personal notice, and filed with the Municipal Clerk.
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Chairperson Joan Rue, Karen Henderson, Angie Cook, Colleen Marsh, Howard Zogott, Debi Mara and Captain Kahler attended the meeting.
NON-MEMBER IN ATTENDANCE
The Minutes of the November 17, 2005, meeting were reviewed and approved on a motion by Angie Cook; seconded by Karen Henderson. All in favor with the exception of Debi Mara, who abstained.
· Angie has not heard back from Chris Posner regarding the event for 9th and 10th graders at Hannah and Mason’s. The event will be tabled until a future time.
· JamFest – Susan Paterson is available to chaperone at JamFest scheduled for January 20, 2006, as well as meeting Circus Time for set up.
· Susan would like to prepare a database to forward a Municipal Alliance newsletter. Joan feels as though the Township should approve same and advised Susan to speak with Tom Witt.
· Susan will speak with Kathy Cunningham regarding the Township’s website.
· The MA discussed the State’s possibility of reducing the size of drug-free school zones. It was decided that the MA should send a letter to the New Jersey Legislatures regarding its opposition to same and a copy of said letter should be forwarded to the Cranbury Press. Susan will draft the letter. It was also decided that an article should be put in the newsletter advising of the definition of a “Drug Free School Zone”.
ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING
There being no further business, on motion duly made, seconded, and carried, the meeting was thereupon adjourned at 1:45 p.m.
CERTIFICATE OF SECRETARY
I, undersigned, do hereby certify:
That I am the duly appointed secretary of the Cranbury Township Municipal Alliance Committee on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism; and
That the foregoing minutes of the Municipal Alliance Committee on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism, held on December 15, 2005, consisting of two (2) pages, constitute a true and accurate copy of the minutes of the said meeting.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto subscribed my name of said Committee this day of , 2006.
Kristen H. Hamilton Secretary