Municipal Alliance Committee
On Drug Abuse and Alcoholism
Cranbury, New Jersey
November 17, 2005
TIME AND PLACE OF MEETING
The scheduled meeting of the Cranbury Township Municipal Alliance Committee was held on November 17, 2005 in the Library meeting room, 23 North Main Street, in Cranbury Township at 12:30 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER
With a quorum present, Chairperson Joan Rue called the session to order and acted as Chairperson thereof, and Kristen H. Hamilton acted as Secretary of the meeting.
STATEMENT OF ADEQUATE NOTICE
Pursuant to the Sunshine Law, adequate notice in accordance with the Open Public Meeting Act (N.J.S.A. 10:4-6) was provided in January, 2005 of this meeting’s date, time and place and agenda was mailed to the news media, posted on the Township bulletin board, mailed to those requesting personal notice, and filed with the Municipal Clerk.
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Chairperson Joan Rue, Jane Holland, Karen Henderson, Angie Cook, Fay Kobland, Colleen Marsh, Carol Malouf and Captain Kahler attended the meeting.
STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Hailey Walsh and William Waltrip
NON-MEMBER IN ATTENDANCE
Minutes of October 20, 2005, were unanimously approved; motion by Colleen Marsh and second by Captain Kahler.
Joan went over the budget line by line to familiarize the Alliance with it. It was agreed that certain monies would be encumbered for later use. Even though Project Graduation did not take place this year, the $250.00 budgeted in the grant monies will be forwarded to the Princeton PTO.
· Angie is waiting for confirmation from Chris Posner regarding the event for 9th and 10th graders at Hannah and Mason’s to be held on December 28th. Five chaperones will be needed. It was suggested that the bus drivers hand out the informational flyer so only Cranbury students receive it. A discussion was held whether or not non-Cranbury residents should be included/invited. The consensus was that students could buy two tickets per person so friends can be included.
· After a discussion of the duties of Alliance Coordinator, it was moved by Karen Henderson to hire Susan Paterson as the Coordinator for the year 2006; Angie Cook seconded.
· The Board reviewed the Coordinator’s position and duties with Susan to make sure she understands what is expected of her. Susan will officially begin the position on January 1, 2006, and will do what she can in the meantime by attending meetings, volunteering, etc.
· Susan would like to have Princeton High School students write anonymous narratives about their experiences for eighth graders to read.
· Jane Holland expressed her concern with what students are attending chat rooms. A criteria is needed to outline who attends. Dr. Moore has offered to prepare guidelines.
The MA went into closed session to discuss personnel matters.
ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING
There being no further business, on motion duly made, seconded, and carried, the meeting was thereupon adjourned at 2:10 p.m.
CERTIFICATE OF SECRETARY
I, undersigned, do hereby certify:
That I am the duly appointed secretary of the Cranbury Township Municipal Alliance Committee on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism; and
That the foregoing minutes of the Municipal Alliance Committee on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism, held on November 17, 2005, consisting of two (2) pages, constitute a true and accurate copy of the minutes of the said meeting.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto subscribed my name of said Committee this day of , 2005.
Kristen H. Hamilton Secretary