Municipal Alliance Committee
On Drug Abuse and Alcoholism
Cranbury, New Jersey
October 20, 2005
TIME AND PLACE OF MEETING
The scheduled meeting of the Cranbury Township Municipal Alliance Committee was held on October 20, 2005 in the Library meeting room, 23 North Main Street, in Cranbury Township at 12:30 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER
With a quorum present, Chairperson Joan Rue called the session to order and acted as Chairperson thereof, and Kristen H. Hamilton acted as Secretary of the meeting.
STATEMENT OF ADEQUATE NOTICE
Pursuant to the Sunshine Law, adequate notice in accordance with the Open Public Meeting Act (N.J.S.A. 10:4-6) was provided in January, 2005 of this meeting’s date, time and place and agenda was mailed to the news media, posted on the Township bulletin board, mailed to those requesting personal notice, and filed with the Municipal Clerk.
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Chairperson Joan Rue, Jane Holland, Karen Henderson, Chris Orcutt, Angie Cook, Fay Kobland, and Howard Zogott attended the meeting.
STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Hailey Walsh and William Waltrip
NON-MEMBER IN ATTENDANCE
Susan Patterson and Beverly Gerberich, School Nurse
Minutes of September 29, 2005, were unanimously approved; motion by Angie and second by Chris.
Beverly Gerberich, Cranbury School Nurse, provided a sample of the ribbons that the Municipal Alliance provided for “Red Ribbon Week”. She also provided information on an upcoming “Children of Children” photo exhibit and a play at the George Street Playhouse called “Wasted”.
· Dr. Moore’s contract to run the Gents Chat Rooms has been signed by the Township. The groups have commenced and Joan believes they are meeting twice a week.
· Chris advised that no additional information is available on the “All City Dance” as it does not have a chair or date.
· Angie spoke with Chris Posner regarding an event for 9th and 10th graders. The MA agreed on a tentative date of December 28. Angie will get specifics from Mr. Posner regarding food and cost.
· Colleen Marsh provided information regarding the Indigo Girls concert at McCarter Theatre advising that the show is sold out and no discount tickets are available; however, a second show may be added. An e-mail will be sent to Colleen asking her to find out if a second show will be added.
· The 2006 Budget was reviewed. The MA examined the possibility of eliminating pizza from the chat rooms. Since Project Graduation was not held in 2005, it should be eliminated from the 2006 budget. All other line items should remain as listed on the sheet that Joan provided and be presented to the Township.
· The MA will encumber monies from 2005 for JamFest, Hannah and Masons and Corner House. Motion by Howard; second by Karen. The vote was unanimous in favor of approval.
· Susan Patterson expressed her desire and interest to become the Municipal Alliance coordinator. She explained her background and expressed some ideas, i.e. a newsletter including articles written by students and reinstating parent programs at minimal cost.
· A Motion was made by Karen to tentatively hire Susan as the Municipal Alliance Coordinator; second by Howard. All members still present approved.
· Angie brought up the idea of having a Teen Night in town. Discounts to Cranbury’s restaurants and stores could be provided and an event held at the gym.
· The MA agreed to hold 2006 meetings on the 4th Thursday of the month at 12:30pm.
ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING
There being no further business, on motion duly made, seconded, and carried, the meeting was thereupon adjourned at 2:30 p.m.
CERTIFICATE OF SECRETARY
I, undersigned, do hereby certify:
That I am the duly appointed secretary of the Cranbury Township Municipal Alliance Committee on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism; and
That the foregoing minutes of the Municipal Alliance Committee on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism, held on October 20, 2005, consisting of three (3) pages, constitutes a true and accurate copy of the minutes of the said meeting.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto subscribed my name of said Committee this day of , 2005.
Kristen H. Hamilton Secretary