Minutes of the Cranbury Township
Municipal Alliance Committee on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism
Cranbury, New Jersey
October 11, 2007
TIME AND PLACE OF MEETING
The scheduled meeting of the Cranbury Township Municipal Alliance Committee was held on October 11, 2007, in the Library meeting room, 23 North Main Street, in Cranbury Township at 8:15 a.m.
CALL TO ORDER
Chairperson Jane Holland called the session to order and acted as Chairperson thereof, and Kristen H. Hamilton acted as Secretary of the meeting.
STATEMENT OF ADEQUATE NOTICE
Pursuant to the Sunshine Law, adequate notice in accordance with the Open Public Meeting Act (N.J.S.A. 10:4-6) was provided on January 4, 2006, of this meeting’s date, time and place and the agenda was posted on the Township bulletin board, mailed to those requesting personal notice, and filed with the Municipal Clerk.
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Jane Holland, Colleen Marsh, John Haney, Mia Lindberg, Nancy Chambers and Captain Kahler attended the meeting.
STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Meghan Pawlak and Molly Mucciarone.
The Minutes of the June 14, 2007, meeting were reviewed and approved on a motion by Nancy Chambers; seconded by Mia Lindberg.
STUDENT REP REPORT
Jane explained the role of the Municipal Alliance to the Student Representatives and advised that they should report at MA meetings.
Jane advised that:
· The movie night held over the summer was a disaster. No one attended and one of the scheduled bands did not show up.
· The contracts for the chat groups have been worked out with Children’s Home Society and Corner House. The groups have been expanded to include fifth and sixth grades.
· A production of “Wasted” to be performed by George Street Playhouse has been booked for June of 2008. There will be three performances for 6th, 7th and 8th grades.
· Storage of equipment has been worked out with the only cost being $100.00 round trip to transport the equipment to and from the school.
· The purchase of the equipment (ping pong tables, foosball tables and air hockey tables) is being coordinated through Dick’s Sporting Goods.
· Cranbury Day was successful.
· Additional educational materials have been purchased for the health curriculum.
· Red Ribbon supplies have been ordered. Red tulip bulbs will be planted in the atrium.
· A brochure was printed and mailed over the summer.
· The DVD was never shown to parents in the spring. It was requested that John Haney arrange for the DVD to be shown.
Captain Kahler advised that there were eleven DUIs over the summer, but none were underage and none were local. There weren’t as many parties this summer as compared to previous years and there was one act of vandalism related to a party.
The MA reviewed expenditures to date and accepted the budget as presented.
The MA reviewed and approved the 2008 budget request.
Band Night – Jane received a request from band members for another band night. If a venue can be secured, a Halloween theme band night can be scheduled.
Middle School Dances – The MA offered to pay for a DJ for the middle school dances, but the parents do not want one. In lieu thereof, the MA will hire Tucker Anderson to DJ at the January and April dances.
2008 Meeting Dates – The MA will continue to hold meetings on the second Thursday of the month at 8:15 a.m., with the exception of no meetings being held in July and August.
2008 Appointments – The appointments set to expire at the end of 2007, in addition to alternates, are: Ed Kahler, John Haney and Joan Rue. The Police Department should appoint a representative and John Haney should be reappointed. Both alternate positions will be open. A notice advising of MA openings should be put on the Township’s website and possibly in the Cranbury PTO newsletter.
The November meeting currently scheduled for November 8th will need to be rescheduled due to school being closed for the NJEA Convention. John Haney will check his schedule for either November 1st or November 15th and Kristen will email the MA will the rescheduled date.
ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING
There being no further business, on motion duly made, seconded, and carried, the meeting was thereupon adjourned.
CERTIFICATE OF SECRETARY
I, undersigned, do hereby certify:
That I am the duly appointed secretary of the Cranbury Township Municipal Alliance Committee on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism; and
That the foregoing minutes of the Municipal Alliance Committee on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism, held on October 11, 2007, consisting of three (3) pages, constitute a true and accurate copy of the minutes of the said meeting.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto subscribed my name of said Committee this day of , 2007.
Kristen H. Hamilton Secretary