Municipal Alliance Committee
On Drug Abuse and Alcoholism
Cranbury, New Jersey
September 29, 2005
TIME AND PLACE OF MEETING
The scheduled meeting of the Cranbury Township Municipal Alliance Committee was held on September 29, 2005 in the Large Group Room at the Cranbury School, 23 North Main Street, in Cranbury Township at 12:30 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER
With a quorum present, Chairperson Joan Rue called session to order at 12:45 p.m. and acted as Chairperson thereof, and Kristen H. Hamilton acted as Secretary of the meeting.
STATEMENT OF ADEQUATE NOTICE
Pursuant to the Sunshine Law, adequate notice in accordance with the Open Public Meeting Act (N.J.S.A. 10:4-6) was provided in January, 2005 of this meeting’s date, time and place and agenda was mailed to the news media, posted on the Township bulletin board, mailed to those requesting personal notice, and filed with the Municipal Clerk.
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Chairperson Joan Rue, Colleen Marsh, Chris Orcutt, Karen Henderson, Angie Cook, Carol Malouf, Howard Zogott and Ed Kahler attended the meeting.
STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Hailey Walsh and William Waltrip
Minutes of June 9, 2005 were unanimously approved; motion by Carol and second by Chris.
· Due to the fact that John Davison is no longer associated with Hannah and Mason’s, there has been no communication regarding catering an event there for teens. Angie believes that Chris Posner would be willing to entertain the idea and will pursue making arrangements for this event.
· Chris advised that the summer pool party never took place.
· Joan has spoken to Joan Sicherman regarding potential speakers.
· Joan provided a copy of the health textbook that will be used this year. She has spoken to Beverly Gerberich, Cranbury School nurse, regarding piggy backing parent information with what the children are studying in health class.
· Two individuals were interviewed to run the Gents Chat Rooms. Dr. Gregory Moore has been hired to begin in October.
· Chris advised that the Princeton Area Drug Alliance (PADA) is sponsoring an “All City Dance” which would include Cranbury 8th grade. Chris will get details including the cost of sponsoring a bus.
· “Red Ribbon Week” is October 23 – 31. The MA will purchase ribbons. Motion by Colleen, second by Howard. The vote was unanimous in favor of approval.
· The search for a Municipal Alliance Coordinator will continue.
· Following a suggestion by Angie and a recommendation by Carol that we concentrate on activities for youth rather than parent programs, Colleen will research the possibility of the MA subsidizing events at McCarter Theatre for teens.
ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING
There being no further business, on motion duly made, seconded, and carried, the meeting was thereupon adjourned at 2:15 p.m.
CERTIFICATE OF SECRETARY
I, undersigned, do hereby certify:
That I am the duly appointed secretary of the Cranbury Township Municipal Alliance Committee on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism; and
That the foregoing minutes of the Municipal Alliance Committee on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism, held on September 29, 2005, consisting of two (2) pages, constitutes a true and accurate copy of the minutes of the said meeting.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto subscribed my name of said Committee this day of , 2005.
Kristen H. Hamilton Secretary