Municipal Alliance Committee
On Drug Abuse and Alcoholism
Cranbury, New Jersey
June 9, 2005
TIME AND PLACE OF MEETING
The scheduled meeting of the Cranbury Township Municipal Alliance Committee was held on June 9, 2005 in the Library meeting room, 23 North Main Street, in Cranbury Township at 12:30 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER
With a quorum present, Chairperson Joan Rue called session to order at 12:40 p.m. and acted as Chairperson thereof, and Kathleen S. Wasson acted as Secretary of the meeting.
STATEMENT OF ADEQUATE NOTICE
Pursuant to the Sunshine Law, adequate notice in accordance with the Open Public Meeting Act (N.J.S.A. 10:4-6) was provided on January , 2005 of this meeting’s date, time and place and agenda was mailed to the news media, posted on the Township bulletin board, mailed to those requesting personal notice, and filed with the Municipal Clerk.
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Chairperson Joan Rue, Municipal Alliance Coordinator Michele Hliewicki, Colleen Marsh, Chris Orcutt, Angie Cook, Howard Zogott and Fay Kobland attended the meeting.
STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Minutes of May 26, 2005 were unanimously approved; motion by Angie and second by Chris.
· Angie spoke with John Davison at Hannah and Mason’s about catering an event there for teens. She received input from the MA members and will follow up on this with John. There was a motion to authorize Angie to proceed with making the arrangements for this event. Motion by Chris, second by Colleen. The vote was unanimous in favor of approval.
· Chris is awaiting a date for the summer pool party. They would have to pay for the lifeguards and the DJ. There was a motion to authorize Chris to proceed with plans for the party, including spending funds for the lifeguards and DJ. Motion by Colleen and second by Angie. The vote was unanimous in favor of approval.
· Howard said that the Library will obtain a subscription to the Tower, the PHS newspaper.
· Michele will continue to explore the idea of having an author speak on the transition to PHS issue. Joan will contact Joan Sicherman to get the name of a potential speaker (Doug Graiver?) on transition to high school.
· Jane Holland is working on the e-mail list issue.
· There was a general discussion about the health curriculum which was distributed to the MA members. There was agreement that the curriculum is very good – and the MA would like to focus on getting that information out to the parents. Joan would like for Michele to develop some topics for parent workshops for the Fall. Angie suggested speaking with the health and guidance teachers at school to get their input. Joan also included the school nurse in that group.
· Howard said that the Library will be running two programs per month, starting on Cranbury Day in September, in celebration of the Centennial of the Library. He asked whether the MA would be interested in partnering on any of these programs.
ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING
There being no further business, on motion duly made, seconded, and carried, the meeting was thereupon adjourned at 1:40 p.m.
CERTIFICATE OF SECRETARY
I, undersigned, do hereby certify:
That I am the duly appointed secretary of the Cranbury Township Municipal Alliance Committee on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism; and
That the foregoing minutes of the Municipal Alliance Committee on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism, held on June 9, 2005, consisting of two (2) pages, constitutes a true and accurate copy of the minutes of the said meeting.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto subscribed my name of said Committee this day of , 2005.
Kristen H. Hamilton Secretary