CRANBURY, NEW JERSEY
TIME AND PLACE OF MEETING
The regular meeting of the Cranbury Township Environmental Commission was held in Town Hall on May 21, 2007, at 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER
With a quorum present, James Gallagher, Chairman of the Cranbury Township Environmental Commission, called the meeting to order and acted as the Chairman thereof, and Kristen H. Hamilton acted as Recording Secretary of the meeting.
STATEMENT OF ADEQUATE NOTICE
Pursuant with the Sunshine Law, adequate notice in accordance with the Open Public Meeting Act (N.J.S.A. 10:4-6) was provided on January 2, 2007, of this meeting's date, time, place, and agenda, was mailed to the news media, was posted on the Township bulletin board, was mailed to those requesting personal notice, and was filed with the Municipal Clerk.
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
James Gallagher, John Kobland, John Reinfelder, Dietrich Wahlers and Paul Mullen.
NON-MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
The minutes of the April 23, 2007, meeting were reviewed and approved on a motion by John Kobland; seconded by Dietrich Wahlers. James Gallagher in favor; John Reinfelder and Paul Mullen abstained.
Preserve Management Plan – The Plan will be implemented in June. A notice should be put on the Township’s website notifying the public of the project.
2007 Goals – The EC reviewed its goals for 2007, which were forwarded to the Township Committee in January. It was determined that:
· The EC needs to promote the use of the ERI and will start referring to it in its review of applications. It was suggested that the next Township newsletter contain an article on the ERI.
· The management plan on the Cranbury Brook Preserve is being implemented. The EC should look for additional grants to enhance the natural state of the property.
· Dietrich will find out if the DEP audit has been done on the Stormwater Regulations. If so, the EC would like to review the report.
· John Reinfelder will review the results of the recent water testing. The Watershed should be contacted regarding future water sampling.
· The EC will await additional soil test results. It was suggested that an article on Water Gardens be included in the next Township newsletter. It was also suggested that something on Water Gardens be included for Cranbury Day.
National River Clean Up is scheduled for June 2nd. Anna Drago advised she would be attending as a “stream watcher”. Kristen will email Barbara Rogers to ask for specifics and to ask her to put a notice on the Township’s website and in the “Cranbury Press”.
Jim Gallagher informed the EC that he attended a seminar on Green Design and that PNC Bank has grants available for green projects. Jim gave the information to Paul Mullen, who is on the Energy Committee.
The EC thanked John Reinfelder for the article he wrote for the Township newsletter.
Dietrich contacted Freehold Soil for an update on the Holland House. There is nothing new to report. Jim will ask the Township Engineer about possible rectification.
John Kobland will contact the Stonybrook-Millstone Watershed Association for an update on its scheduled education programs.
Dietrich informed the EC that there is a Township Committee meeting on June 11th regarding flooding.
ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING
There being no further business, the meeting was thereupon adjourned.
CERTIFICATE OF SECRETARY
I, the undersigned, do hereby certify:
That I am duly elected and acting secretary of the Cranbury Township Environmental Commission and,
That the foregoing notes of the Environmental Commission, held on May 21, 2007, consisting of 2 pages, constitute a true and correct copy of the notes of the said meeting.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto subscribed the name of said Environmental Commission the _________day of _____________, 2007.
Kristen H. Hamilton, Secretary