Township Committee Meeting Agenda
March 17, 2003
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Open Public Meetings Act Notice
3. Roll Call
4. Closed Session – Resolution # R 03-03-055 – Discussion with D & R Greenway regarding proposed contract renewal and future potential land acquisitions. Advice of Counsel and matters falling within the Attorney – Client privilege regarding the status of Updike and options for acquiring same.
5. Reports and Communications from Committee
- Sub Committee Reports -
6. Agenda Additions/Changes
Ordinance 03-03-02—An Ordinance of the Township of Cranbury amending “An ordinance fixing the salaries and wages for the manner of payment thereof, and ratifying salaries and payments to the employees and officials previously paid” (First Reading 3 March 2003).
Ordinance 03-03-03—An Ordinance of the Township of Cranbury amending “An ordinance fixing the salaries and wages for the manner of payment thereof, and ratifying salaries and payments to the employees and officials previously paid” (Second Reading 7 April 2003).
9. Consent Agenda
Resolution # R 03-03-058 – Resolution authorizing local budget review.
Resolution # R 03-03-060 – Resolution supporting A-2904 and S-1945, which provides protection to Municipalities with COAH Interim Certification from Builders’ Remedy Litigation.
Resolution # R
03-03-061 – Resolution authorizing the
Resolution # R
03-03-062 – Resolution of the
10. Work Session – New Business
a. Crossroad of the American Revolution (Betty Wagner)
Betty Wagner, Township Historian, will update the Township Committee on activities in connection with this year’s Crossroad of the American Revolution Commemoration.
b. Public Hearing on Proposed 2003 Budget
on proposed 2003 budget for the
c. 2003 Budget Amendment Introduction
An amendment to the budget introduced on 10 February, 2003 to increase the Public Works budget to account for unforeseen expenses in connection with snow-plowing and clean-up during recent storms. (Public hearing 24 March 2003)
Motion: Move to adopt Resolution # R 03-03-059 –
Resolution formally amending the 2003 Budget for the
Cathy Marcelli will report on the ongoing issues with regard to drainage
e. Lions Club Request for Storage Space (Richard Stannard)
The Cranbury Lions Club requests that the Township Committee consider their need for space to build a storage facility.
f. Art Review Committee Request (Bob Virgadamo)
The Cranbury Arts Review Committee requests funding for Gourgaud Gallery signage.
11. Work Session – Old Business
a. Updike Update
Committee will report on the status of the development and remaining alternative to the Township for pursuing acquisition.
12. Public Comment (For any items not on the agenda)
13. Mayor’s Notes
14. Closed Session – Resolution # R 03-03-056 – Advice of Counsel and matters falling within the Attorney – Client privilege regarding open public meetings act issues.
*** Persons with disabilities requiring assistance, please contact Town Hall 24 hours in advance (609) 395-0900, ext. 231
TC March 2003